Facilitate, fund, and carry out sound, applied research in the natural and social sciences that enables and informs:
• multi-disciplinary environmental problem-solving
• conservation of native populations and ecosystems
• sustainable human behavior and practices
• development of novel and effective natural resource management strategies
• responses of natural and human systems to climate change
• improved understanding of the diverse resources of the intermountain West and beyond
Encourage, facilitate, and carry out public education and outreach in conservation, sustainability, environmental sciences, and natural resources management.
Promote opportunities and develop a professional community for innovative and forward-thinking scientists and researchers committed to collaboration and addressing the needs of the natural and human communities in which we work and live.